Senior DevOps Engineer
Your primary responsibility will be to help build, deploy and maintain the clients mission-critical production systems that are scalable and resilient (both on internal infrastructure and third-party cloud providers) and can operate at extreme scale (i.e. serving hundreds of millions of users) for several products, while maintaining guaranteed uptime.
Your role will include unifying the clients team’s release pipeline within the organisation. You will collaborate with developers and architects to refine the clients team’s build, test, and release practices as they evolve different aspects of their custom browser security features, extensions and plugins. You may also be required to supervise and manage other junior DevOps engineers on the browser team.
You will also oversee the deployment tooling for continuous integration, automated testing and automated self-service release management. From the planning stage right through endpoint monitoring, our clients aim is to create value faster with a single application for the whole software development and operations lifecycle.
- Bachelor / Masters Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Expert knowledge and utilisation of Amazon Web Services
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (such as Git, SVN, and Mercurial)
- Deep understanding of Unix systems and Bash including strong shell scripting skills
- Experience with setting up and running automated build systems and testing scripts
- Understand key server security concepts and preferred implementations
- Enjoyment of collaboration, teamwork and iterative development in a fun environment
- Experience with “infrastructure-as-code” configuration management tools such as Terraform and Ansible
- Experience with using CI tools such as Jenkins, Travis, TeamCity, GitLab and others
- Experience with containerization of applications with Docker platform
- Experience with container orchestration services such as Kubernetes, Nomad, and/or Swarm
- Experience with popular browser frameworks (WebKit, Chromium, Blink, Gecko, etc)
- Knowledge of other cloud services such as Google Compute Engine
- Experience with the creation and integration of micro-service infrastructures