Regional PR Manager
Location: United Arab Emirates
Date Posted: August 19, 2020
Job ID: 4689
Employment Type: Permanent
- Embed Compliance Culture across all Regions of the business ensuring Integrity in Action is actively applied in all initiatives.
- Ensure Communications Function(s) strictly adopt a culture of ethics and compliance; leading by example and appropriately challenging non-compliance.
- Ensure adherence to policies relating to Ethics and Compliance standards and interactions with Healthcare Professionals (HCPs), Healthcare Organisations (HCOs) and Patient Organisations (POs).
- Play a key role in establishing, planning and facilitating the public relations/communications strategy for the products. Ensure that all public relations interactions and communications are fully aligned with and reinforce the product positioning and the key product messages.
- Work closely with other members of the team, particularly the Brand/Product Managers, Regional Directors, Medical Managers & Country Managers.
- Take responsibility and accountability to ensure the delivery of plans on time, quality and cost parameters agreed by the Country Managers. Typically this will include external PR/Communications agency selection, partnership negotiation and the active management of the partnership.
- Recognize the key interest groups who will help shape the product opportunity. Determine their likely interests, perspectives and perceptions of the product so as to develop appropriate public relations/communications strategies that reach and engage these groups. This will typically involve analysis and survey studies.
- Take responsibility to ensure timely use of the diagnostic tools to ensure accurate and ‘in time’ targeting of the PR/communications strategy.
- Manage the implementation of public plans working with internal and external providers.
- Oversees different communication strategies across the MEA region.
- Selects external communication service providers for MEA affiliate. Manages and coordinates work with external communication service providers (PR, advertising, media monitoring agencies…etc.) in the implementation of communication plans.
- Supports the country organizations within MEA with the implementation of communication activities on the national level.
- Acts as a communications consultant to the GM and Directors, as well as MEA Country Managers as needed..
- Coordinate and manage communications training for all individuals as appropriate, This includes media, briefing and speaker (doctors) training.
- Is responsible for clearance and approvals of promotional material following SOP on the MEA level (MC countries which don’t have dedicated communication person in the organization).
- Disseminates global corporate information to relevant internal audiences on the MEA level.
- Works with media monitoring provider and ensures timely dissemination of information to relevant internal audiences on the MEA level.
- Work with the Corporate Communications group in HQ and play a key role in ensuring effective media management. This will typically include the development of media materials (Press Materials, Q and A’s, Videos etc.) which fully reflect and support the company’s activities and mission.
- Develop & manages MENA/SAA internet and intranet websites.
- Contribute to the development of internet strategies to support the brand, especially websites providing support and information to patients and public.
- Contribute to the development of internet strategies the affiliate’s website providing support and information to patients and public.
- Builds and maintains the external image.
- Coordinate and manage corporate events/Initiatives (CSR – Corporate Social Responsibility) and any other duties that may be assigned from time to time as required by the business.
- Responsible for the planning & implementation of the company’s internal & external events in collaboration with Regional Brand Managers & Administrative Assistants.
- Ensure the quality & standards of events are representing the company’s global image & meet the global branding guidelines.
- Ensure effective lobbying of the interest groups relevant for the