Head of Comms / Public Affairs
Location: United Arab Emirates
Date Posted: September 09, 2020
Job ID: 4703
Employment Type: Permanent
Head up the Communications team for Middle East, Turkey and Africa region, for a leading Pharmaceutical company based in Dubai.
- Manage a small team of PR professionals in Dubai and the relevant countries
- Internal communications
- External communications
- Public Affairs
- Patient Advocacy
- Social Media and Digital – Integrated Comms
- Ensure consistent policy positioning for the business and consistent messaging
- Developing relationships with patent organizations, patient advocates, healthcare professionals and healthcare organisations.
- Manage the digital communications including websites / social media channels locally and regionally.
- You will be part of the leadership and excellence team across the region.
- Work in collaboration with the Corporate and Global Communication teams
- The role is a complex one, covering different geographical scope, multiple languages, political tension, media and policy makers relationship complexity. Each market is unique and requires tailored communications approaches.
- Minimum 10 - 15 years of experience, in communications with public relation / public affairs background
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administrations, Journalism and Mass Communications and/ or public policy
- Experience in strategic communications and knowledge of public policies, and trade associations
- Digital Marketing experience as an integrated role
- Strong leadership skills able to act as a facilitator, a mentor, a coach and lead by example setting and ensuring standards.
- An exemplary people person able to represent the business and company culture driving values.
- High computer affinity, advanced MS Office knowledge
- Minimum 5 years in a managerial role working for a multinational business
- Master’s Degree
- Healthcare Experience, or in a highly regulated industry
- Writing skills, Arabic and English Language