Head of Legal
Location: United Arab Emirates
Date Posted: October 01, 2020
Job ID: 4725
Employment Type: Permanent
Our client is currently looking to hire a Head of Legal in their Dubai office.
- Manage all legal affairs related to the structure of the organisation, its commercial licenses, and commercial law compliance.
- Attend Board of Directors meetings and Senior Management committees directly related to the functions of the incumbent and provide any legal clarifications or assistance that may be required;
- Provide expert and strategic legal advice to management
- Keeping up with current changes on all relevant areas of laws and contributing to the enhancement of the knowledge base of the company’s legal function
- Ensure that standards of quality and quantity of work are met and support the achievement of company strategic goals and objectives.
- Providing legal advice and support on a wide range of legal activities
- Drafting and reviewing contracts of all types, including NDAs, credit agreements, investment products, operating agreements, and intra-company servicing agreements.
- Researching and analyzing complex regulatory issues and advising portfolio companies on compliance matters.
- Ensuring all members of the legal team work efficiently
- Identifying and mitigating legal risks
- Conducting legal training for staff
- Advising on the legal implications of company policies and procedures
- Ensuring all contracts, legal documents and templates are up-to-date and compliant with statutory laws
- Reporting on legal activities, risks and litigation
- At least 15 years PQE and total of about 18-22 years working experience
- Candidates MUST be qualified and has experience working in the UK or in the US
- Experience within a diversified investment type of company
- Excellent communications in English language is a MUST
- Experiene leading and managing the Legal Department for at least 5-8 years
- Candidates MUST have prior experience dealing with the CEO and Board of Directors
***ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED***