Location: United Arab Emirates
Date Posted: March 23, 2021
Job ID: 4915
Employment Type: Permanent
Our client, an international tech consultancy, are looking for a Data Architect to join their established team in Saudi Arabia. If you fit the below and are ready for the next step in your career, please send us your CV
- Lead the development and design of big data and data warehousing solutions.
- Liaise with stakeholders and provide expert knowledge on various technologies & platforms
- Identify areas of internal processes (e.g automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery) to improve before designing and implementing them
- Create infrastructure to ensure optimal extraction/transformation of data from different data sources
- Document use cases, solutions and recommendations
- Work with various teams across the design, planning and governance of data projects
- Create and implement a roadmap to keep data separated and secure across national boundaries using multiple data centres and regions.
- Identify ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality
- Design a strategy to insure data availability, accessibility, scalability, and maintainability
- Perform detailed analysis across the business and technical teams and create reports to use in designing solutions
- Stay up to date with new technologies and initiatives to use to further improve processes
- Use best practise to keep solution at the highest standard in comparison to competitors and external providers
- Guide and mentor technical team to build a high quality team
- 9+ year’s experience in data warehousing and big data projects.
- Working experience with Hadoop ecosystem, including HDFS, MapReduce, Hive, HBase, Impala, Kudu, Solr, etc..
- Hands-on experience in NoSQL databases like (Cassandra, MongoDB, ELK Stack)
- Experience with stream-processing systems (Storm, Spark-Streaming, Flink)
- Experience with real-time messaging platforms (KAFKA, Kinesis)
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- Experience with Linux shell scripting
- Knowledge of numerous programming languages (Python, Java, Scala)
- Fluent in English & Arabic