In-House Junior Legal Counsel
The candidate will be responsible for negotiating, drafting and reviewing various contracts related to: customers, subcontractors, suppliers, service providers, inter-company, consulting, software licensing, supply agreement for various hardware systems, large scale project, framework agreement, SLA, OEM, maintenance, operation and maintenance.
- Your experience must include independent legal preparation and legal drafting of both simple and complex contracts from scratch. This position is NOT for individual who work only with templates, only have contract management experience and/or purchasing or procurement experience.
- The work is complex and requires sound experience in contract law (and particularly commercial contract) , legal principle and terminology, technology and software licenses, contract drafting and the negotiation of large, complex deals.
- Provide legal analysis, comprehensive risk assessment and related advice to address, manage and mitigate the risks identified;
- Identify topics that require communication to and consultation with personnel/functions in other department as well as coordinate work with other department team members (sale, service, project management, finance) in order to anticipate, understand and fulfill each department's contracting needs;
- Implement and enhance contracting procedures;
- Create new template and update existing templates;
- Create and manage special clause/provision library;
- Provide advice to other Departments in meeting obligations associated with contracts and agreements;
- Experience of private and public tenders;
- Experience in international transactions (preferably in Africa and the Middle-East);
- FIDIC contract experience preferred but not mandatory.
- Must have minimum 2-3 years of experience with a law firm or in-house, drafting and negotiating contracts.
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Law only (strong academic credentials LLL and/or LLB)
- LLM preferred but not mandatory
- Member of a European and/or North American Bar association (including CANADA).
DUE TO THE NUMBER OF APPLICATIONS RECEIVED, ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED